1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

Welcome aboard Connie - lovely website! :)

2. Hi, poptart and Connie! WELCOME!

When I was a girl, I wanted to be Cinderella. My parents never 'got' how I next wanted to be Rita Hayworth and, later, Anais Nin. Fingers crossed for ya, poptart.

Another devoted cat-servant here, too, Connie. :)

<i>Dogs have owners; cats have staff.</i>
    <i>If it's not nailed down or food, it's a cat toy.</i>

Steph

3. poptart

poptart Registered Guest

Cat Servant...That's funny. Yes my baby was pampered today...Wet food for a treat...It's the little things that matter. LOL

Thanks for the wecomes and greetings; Very warm place. I like it already.

4. Welcome Poptart and Connie!

It's wonderful to have you both here!!

Connie - love your website. I just love all your original artwork and spent lots of time looking at your paintings!! They are all so refreshing. **If anyone hasn't had a look at her paintings, you are missing out!!**

Best of luck to you and again, welcome to all!

Cheers ~ Maureen

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

6. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

Hi.... My name is Chris and I wear collect and sell vintage clothing.... I am an artist and when I am not painting I create jewelry out of broken vintage jewelry or I revamp vintage clothing into something wearable.... My latest creation is a skirt made out of the top of a pair of mens vintage trousers and vintage ties.... ( I offer a version for sale on my website http://www.listitcafe.com/item.asp?id=1884&pic=1) I never make the same thing twice....

My website is http://www.listitcafe.com the site may look like it is run by many people... But actually its just me running it and supplying the items for sale. Where do I keep all the stuff? You may ask.... You would not want to know.......

7. vintagemeggie

vintagemeggie Registered Guest

Hi Chris,

Welcome aboard!

Karen

8. Glad to have you here Chris!

Welcome and post away!!

~Cheers ~ Maureen

9. Hi, Chris--welcome!

Wowza, you do have a LOT of stock! You're among fellow, hunting and gathering tribespeople, here. :D

Steph

10. Patentleathershoes

hunting and gathering tribespeople

But unlike the "Survivor" show...no one gets voted off the island :P

ANd yes we DO want to know where you stash things...

Chris

11. Patentleathershoes

My website is

How long have you been selling? Were you an ebay seller or did you just decide to go for it and launch a website?

Chris

12. Patentleathershoes

Just bumping for anyone who might be lurking in the wings :)

13. modlucy

modlucy Registered Guest

Hi! I am new to the Guild, but not to Ebay. My user name is Modlucy, which is because I used to like mod stuff a bunch and have a dog named Lucy. I want to change the name, as I am considering opening a brick & mortar and found a similar name I like better. unfortunately, my listings are horrible right now, as I listed newer stuff this last week that was obtained in a box sale. It was a gamble that proved a waste of time. Ususally I sell vintage and wear only vintage - and today after I study for my final, I am listing some gems like a shearling coat and some 40's stuff. I don't really specialize in one specific area, as my tastes change. But I like everything to have some detail that makes them unique, like unusual buttons or something. I live in Austin, Tx but are moving to Chicago in the spring when school is done.

Does anyone think changing my Ebay name will lose me customers?

Thanks
    luv modlucy

14. Patentleathershoes

HI Modlucy!

And Hi to four legged Lucy too!

Welcome!!!

There are pluses and minuses to changing your name.

Firstly, there are people who won't be able to find you, but on the other hand, if you have a name that doesn't excite you than that is another thing.
    When you change your name, ebay allows people to find you by your old name in "search by seller" and displays your id history so people will understand "what happened." But after the 60 or 90 day period, it no longer applies.

The best thing to do if considering a name change, is make a list of the email addresses of your customers...most particularly the repeats, and send them a friendly email about the change so they can be sure to find you. Also write about the change on your about me page and even in some of your auctions "we have changed our name...etc" and maybe even a fun little anecdote on why. It might stick in their brains more too if they have something anecdotal to remember.

We have some members right now who live around Austin...and we have one that I know of who lives in the windy city herself, by the way.

Chris

15. Patentleathershoes

By the way, you have some cute stuff up. Your pictures are awesome!! However. You might have better luck with listing complete measurements. Make sure you have bust, waist, and hips for all pieces. The more complete the measurements are, the less questions people would have in their minds preventing them from bidding. If you have "write for measurements" especially at the end of an auction, it could be impossible for people to get the info they needed.

if the items are being sold as a lot....bust, waist, and hips are crucial even if not going into further details. If you have a single item, I would go into more detail as well, by adding length and sleeve of each piece as well.

We had a workshop awhile ago on customer service, if you look in the "workshops" section, you can look through the transcript for measurements to include in auctions.

16. Welcome modlucy! You will be heading up my way. I am six hours from Chicago but in the same State. Lots of good vintage clothing to be found around here and antiques, too. Also, although our weather is hot in the summer, I don't think it as hot as Texas!

Good luck on your exam and just post away and ask questions anytime you want.

I am not the one to ask whether you should change your name. My Ebay ID is different from my Ebay store and I would like to make them both the same but am too chicken.

17. route66gal

route66gal Registered Guest

Hi, Modlucy -

I'm in Austin, TX, too, as is Cosmiccowgirl - I'm sure she'll check in, too. Welcome to our little corner of the web.

Your listings look great - I don't have any advice on changing your ID. I'll probably do that someday, too.

Just wanted to say hi, from a fellow Austinite!

-Melanie

18. Hi, modlucy!

...no advice on name-changing either, but here's another welcome from Texas!

19. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

just saying hello too... from the uk this time -
    believe i got outbid on a hanei mori (sp? sorry, it's late here!) dress of yours some time ago! and also a really cool top with little dogs - dachsunds maybe? - on it (designer, but i can't remember which) but some swine used a b.i.n. before i got to it... you do have some nice things!

and yes, i'd agree with what chris said about the name change thing but can't think of anything else to add.

except welcome:)

harriet

20. Patentleathershoes

a dachshund shirt and I didn't see it?????!!???

Hee hee

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.