1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DressThatMan

DressThatMan Registered Guest

Hi Marie!

Thanks to that "someone" for pointing us out and reminding us that VFG is here, too.

::: yells across the room to turn that music down so I can think :::

:^) *we are busy having too much fun*

2. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

Heh... that'd be me. I just sold you a lot of disco shirts and I thought it was neat to see where they're going.
    I find those shirts a lot, but rarely get them as it's not really my thing... but lots are much easier so I'll keep an eye out for more :spin:
    Yours were shipped off today, btw ;)

Love your site! Very well done! :kiss2:

Don't forget to come back and visit!

3. You have some pretty funky shirts on your site!!! Good to see you here!

4. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

Hello and welcome to the forums :hiya: and you do have a fabulous site.

5. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

OH WOW!!!

That's all I can say at the moment......must go back for more looking.......:headbang::wub:

6. DressThatMan

Thanks for the compliments everyone... it makes all of the hard work worthwhile.

Oh, and Trendsetter!!!! ;) Need I say anything to THAT? LOL... let us know when you get a load in and maybe we can make a deal. Our customers worldwide love those 70's crazy print shirts and keeping them happy is our game.

Lately, we've had sources coming out of the woodwork - but, truly great sources are tough to find. What's your weakness? What should we ply you with, Trendsetter? LOL

From the beginning, we decided to be damn picky. We turn a whole LOT of vintage merchandise down, and the approach appears to be working.

OK - time to call it a night and have a :booze::booze:

7. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

Who, me? We're nearly ALL "Trendsetters" here!

When I find them, I tend to find a bunch at once. I'll let you know if/when I come across more :)

8. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

:hiya: Hi Sam! I checked out your site, too. Very, very :cool: Great job! It is easy to access even for those of us using dial-up :BAGUSE:

Welcome to the VFG. Now back to business :party:

Gail

9. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Sam!

Nice to see you. Indeed, we were discussing your site on the trade member side. Hey, I like your blog...I am blogging about menswear too. http://vintagegent.blogspot.com

Chris

10. DressThatMan

LOL! Trendsetter! OK "elsewhere" it is... this is what happens when you're tired - your attention span and comprehension goes out the window.

Wow. We're good to go on dial up, too? This is *great* news... now get that bag off your head. Be proud.

Another menswear blog! Great article about Joe and the platform shoes... I'll be back there checking it out.

:)

11. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

hello there sam...love your site its really groovy man!!

12. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

I almost died when I saw your site...I always pass on this era when I see them....I need to start paying more attention to the younger generation!

Welcome!!!

13. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Hi Sam,

Nice to meet you! I saw your ad on Vintage top 100.

Deb

14. davidgarside

davidgarside Registered Guest

Hi there everyone. I'm based in the UK and I have dreams of setting up my own little boutique one day selling only the very best stuff! Can anyone give me some advice about starting up a shop, e.g. where to find suppliers?

15. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Slim Peacock!

What's your first name? or is that what you prefer?

We have many members in the UK. the subject of opening a shop is not really something that can be summed up in one post.

I think that you have to look first at your business plan - and what void would you fill that is not already there and makes you unique - before you source suppliers. In this business, suppliers tend to find you when you get your good reputation out there, unlike other areas of retail. The word does get out . Since vintage is not unlimited most times, no seller is going to give you names of the people that supply them. And one that might work for them, may not have anything for you based on your tastes. Also, really focus on what your idea of "best stuff" is. To some folks nothing newer than 1920 is considered anything special. For some its couture, for some its mint condition 80s wear. And to some its anything as long as its in top condition. It really doesn't matter - just find where your focus is so you have some sort of identity to promite.

Chris

16. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

hi new brit guy! lol :)

sounds like my dream too.. i think the best advice is learn as much as you can before you spend a lot of money!

do you buy or sell much currently?

17. indie_scenesters

indie_scenesters Registered Guest

hey new brit guy, im new and a brit also

18. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

hi indie scenesters!
    nice to see more faces from this side of the pond :)
    welcome!:hiya:

19. Hello from Illinois USA!! :hiya:

20. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

hello to all newbies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.