1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintageboutique

vintageboutique Registered Guest

Hello
    My name is Oana and I live in Ramnicu Valcea - Romania.
    I am the first vintage seller in Romania and I will have the first site in Romania that sells vintage clothing.
    I sell vintage clothing on www.okazii.ro (this is our "ebay").
    I have been studied vintage clothing from two years and I began to sell vintage clothes from one month (and it is going very well ).
    Thank you very much for accepting me in your group.

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Welcome Oana!!

I think you are our first posted from Romania!

I hope you have a wonderful time here. Make yourself at home.

:)

Chris

3. vintageboutique

vintageboutique Registered Guest

Thank you very much. I'm not speaking very well english so please excuse my spelling.
    Thank you for your welcome.

4. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Hi Oana!:clapping:

I think your English is wonderful - better than my Romanian! :)

Good to 'see' you!

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

HaHa, Harriet!

Oana, we can't wait to see Romanian vintage! Welcome.
    Lizzie

6. paulettebland

paulettebland Registered Guest

I\'m new!

Hello...I'm new here and I'm thrilled to have discovered this great forum! Vintage patterns have been my ebay selling thing for a few years, now. Love finding those fabulous, faded envelopes that have been waiting for me for decades, sandwiched in between the new. I've also always collected vintage clothing when I can find it and my credo is much like a lot of others ...if it screams at me from across the room...gotta have it...hang the size! I eventually find a friend that it looks incredible on and pass it on, knowing that I enjoyed the hunt, had it in my hands and then have somehow improved the look of the world by sending someone out in vintage finery. A little crazy to some, but I'm guessing I've found a forum of kindred souls. Thanks! paulettebland

7. Welcome, Paulette! Yes, that is exactly how I feel and I have boxes and boxes of old patterns. One day I hope to sort them out!

We are so happy to have you and I know you will love it here!

8. Hattysattic

:hiya: Nice to see you!
    I'm another one that's guilty of hoarding patterns... along with anything else vintage related!

Welcome! :)

9. elliemae

elliemae Registered Guest

Hi everybody! I am Elliemae and I live in south Florida. I have been a collector of beautiful clothing, shoes, and handbags since I was a teenager...and that was a month of Sundays ago! Now, as I have begun downsizing, it is time to let go of many of my treasures....which is how I entered the vintage world....entering through the portal of consignment shops originally. I began to realize just recently that with a digital camera, a little ingenuity, and patience, I could do this myself, and not give up half the profit......just have to figure out how to reach the audience. I have already gotten some good tips from you guys, for which I thank you profusely! I hope maybe I have some information I can share with you too. In my "day job", LOL, I am president of a mortgage brokerage firm.:hiya:
    so nice to meet all of you!!!!!

10. Hattysattic

:hiya: from the UK!

Great to see you here - and how interesting to know what people do in their 'non-vintage' lives!
    Do you sell on ebay, or somewhere else? :)

11. elliemae

elliemae Registered Guest

hattysattic, I have sold a few things on ebay (I am elleninflorida on ebay), but silly me, I keep buying more than I sell! Iam looking for additional websites....I just recently discovered vintagecouture.com and have listed one of my Chanel skirts with them....we'll see. That one looks easy if they get the hits I hope for on the site. Locally, I have used back-in-style.com for a few years and they do a good job, but they also keep 50% of the sale price. Any ideas would be very welcome!

12. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

My intro

I thought I would introduce myself to the members, I am Paul and live in the UK, work for a small company as a woodworker and in my spare time run a couple of commercial web site a sort of self taught web designer.
    As a craftsman I always apriciate the design and skill that goes into making things, anything really especially if it's from years gone by, and enjoy modern history.
    Recently I started collecting vintage and retro ladies fashions my favourite period is the 1920's but I collect up until the 1969 no later!. I know this might sound unusually for a man, but when you realize that every item of clothing or fashion item has what i call a story, about the first about designer, the maker and the admiration for the skill of the maker, and finally the purchaser , there is always a lot to appreciate in each item, I of course can only admire and handle the items and miss out on wearing them like they were designed originally to be worn but still they are nice to own.
    My collection is small only been going a year but have some jewelry, handbags and a few ladies vanity items and a couple of nice dresses. I hope to make some good friend here and advice and help is always gratefully acepted.Me collecting goal is to have one complete outfit for each decade using original clothes, this will take time and only when funds allow but that is part of what collecting is about
    I hopfully will be accepted into the community as a fashion enthusiast and collector .Thanks for reading my intro Paul.

13. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Paul!!! Welcome!

I hopfully will be accepted into the community

Of course - you already are! :)

You could be quite the triple threat! You collect, could make your own display cases/shadowboxes for your collection, and you could build a website to show your collection off to others :)

We're glad you are here. We have a lot of other forum registrants who are in the UK so you are in good company.

Chris

14. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you for your nice message

Just wanted to say thank you for your nice message,
    As a male collector there are pro and cons, on the up side yes.I can fully apriciate and enjoy collecting vintage ladies fashions and learn about them, just like all the ladies here do.:USETHUMBUP:
    One the down side for me I cannot have a more practicable experience of them for a want of a better phrase.:violins:

Any way that's life you cannot have every thing.
    It's just nice to be here... thanks Paul

15. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

DOn't worry Paul, you aren't the only male collector around here. I have been collecting vintage and antique clothing for 28 years now.... YIKES! And Bret (another member here) also collects, in fact he is doing what you are doing, collecting the ultimate outfit from each style period... I also know two other male collectors on the west coast of Canada, one who only collects German and Austrian fashions, and the other who has a huge collection that spans the mid 18th century to the end of the 20th century, similar to my collection.

So you aren't alone.

16. Hattysattic

:hiya:
    Hello Paul!
    Ditto what Jonathan said - and it's great to see you here :)

17. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Thank you all for making me so welcome.
    I did spend about a year or so drooling over various fashion sites on the web before until I look the plunge ,and started buying myself, unlike some collecting I came to the conclusion that fashions are a sort of living history which is so fascinating .
    Hopefully in the near future I can make some positive contributions also. I feel at home already Many thanks to you all.

18. stellaranae

stellaranae Registered Guest

HERE COMES A NEWBIE

I am brand new to register and I am not sure why i have not done it sooner. I have used your resources for a long time. My name is stella ranae and I am looking I guess firstly how to navigate the site better, to make firends and network with vintage lovers, and to find out more about VTA on Ebay and maybe some help to launch my own site. I think this is really great what you have going on and I would really like to be a part of it!
    Thanks again
    Stella Ranae

19. stellaranae

stellaranae Registered Guest

HERE COMES A NEWBIE

I am brand new to register and I am not sure why i have not done it sooner. I have used your resources for a long time. My name is stella ranae and I am looking I guess firstly how to navigate the site better, to make firends and network with vintage lovers, and to find out more about VTA on Ebay and maybe some help to launch my own site. I think this is really great what you have going on and I would really like to be a part of it!
    Thanks again
    Stella Ranae

20. Hattysattic

Hello Stella!:hiya:

Very nice to 'meet' you! I'm sure you'll find your way around in no time. It's a bit quiet at the moment but I'm sure there will be many more lke minded folk around later to chat to.. Do you collect or sell - or both? :)

Harriet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.