1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

bumping this up on to 'today's posts'

Sue:)

2. Hi, I'm Linda and I sell mostly vintage clothing on Ebay under my Ebay ID, gooddeal4all. My Ebay store is Vintage Clothes-Line. I live in Southern Illinois but am originally from Mississippi. Been selling on Ebay about four years now. I also sell fine jewelry, some estate, antiques, vintage textiles and just about anything that I love to collect. I, too, was a little girl in the 50s and remember what my Mom and her friends wore so it is easy for me to recognize clothing from that era.<p>60s?...no prob.. I was in high school then and wore all of that stuff.<p>70s or 80s? ..no prob either.<p>Welcome to all you new folks. I know you will enjoy being a part of this wonderful group. You're just going to love it!!<p>Linda, Treasurer, VFG

3. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

Hello All!

I am Adrianne from Sunny San Diego, CA. I am 25 and a bride to be!
    I sell under the name 1950spinup. I love late 30's- early 50's clothing, SHOES, kitchen & household items.

Currently not selling anything, since I am planning my own wedding. So you will see me pop in & out of here when I get tired of planning.

Adrianne

4. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

Hey now, I'm schoolsgirl on ebay since 99 and figure8studio in the vc mall. I live in a quiet rural neighborhood of NE GA, have a handsome son who is Cruise Director for Carnival and a cat named Oliver, along with many other wild animals that visit us on a daily basis.

The name 'schoolsgirl' was born from my love of music, particularly a band by the name of Widespread Panic, the area in front of Dave Schools, my favorite bass player, is called the SchoolsZone by us, that is why I'm a schoolsgirl :) I am also a deadhead, have been seeing the Grateful Dead since Sept/1979. I'm an avid reader and collector of biographies, preferably fashion & arts.

I grew up in NYC, lived upstate NY in the Woodstock area when my son was 7, and a few years after that we moved to FL where my son lives now. I have been collecting vintage and antiques since the age of 13. I am also a mixed media artist. At the moment I am making canes (which you can see in my figure8studio store) wind chimes & jewelry.
    Welcome Bienvenidos! :)
    Liz
    MAL
    VFG

5. nu4u2buy

nu4u2buy Registered Guest

Hi to all of you from the beautiful hills of South Western Pa. Some of your names are familiar to me as I visited the Vintage Clothing Board a lot lately asking questions about vintage. My sister and I just started selling vintage (and contemporary) clothing on EBAY about a year ago. We had been into "junking" and collecting just about any and every thing more than 25 years ago so we decided it it time to start selling. My favorites are the 50's since this was the time in my life that I actually lived the dream. Was in JR and SR high school then and boy was it the greatest! It has been a pleasure meeting with all of you and I am sure that this adventure will be most enjoyable and educational. I will help where I can but I know that I will be depending on a lot of you to help us too. Oh by the way, Joey and Cherry Pie and Roses, I will take over the title of Martriarch, if you will please pass the title. Thank you.

6. threecolorcat

threecolorcat Registered Guest

Hi all! Sandra here . . .

Known on eBay as the threecolorcat.

I have lived in Las Vegas, NV. for nearly 40 years. Originally from Pennsylvania, I was a Navy Brat and traveled worldwide with my family before settling here. As a teenager in the mid-sixties I fortuitously entered the world of show business as a Las Vegas chorus girl (retired).

I have collected and worn vintage clothing since the 1960’s and have a profound weakness for Italian shoes!

I’m very pleased to meet you all and look forward to a sharing of like minds!.

7. Nu4u - somehow I think the other gals will gladly pass on the title to you ;) It is great to have some more people here that remember wearing these fabulous clothes!!

Bonnie

8. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

"Oh by the way, Joey and Cherry Pie and Roses, I will take over the title of Martriarch, if you will please pass the title. Thank you."

Consider the torch officially passed! Whew! That was a burden. :D

Welcome!

CP&R
    Brenda

9. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Hi all and a warm welcome to everyone! :)

My name is Justine and some of you might recognize me as Gayle's other half (of the VTA girls - that is!).

I'm a little younger than most of the members here, but not that young anymore. I turned 29 just this March - ooo how I am fearful of the big 3-0! But I've been a lover and wearer of vintage since my Junior High days. I sell on eBay under the name whirly-girl and just recently opened a web-store on the VC-Mall. You can come and see me there as whirly-girl vintage. Today has been a great day since I made my first sale there today, too (thanks Anna!).

I'm also thrilled to have been a founding member of the VFG and I'm currently serving on the board as a Member At Large for the second consecutive year and heading up the VFG Events Committee. I'm always up for hearing new ideas and am forever working on new fun sales that our great members come up with - so if you have any ideas for some events, drop me a line!

I look forward to meeting some new people and chatting with you all! :)

10. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Hello,
    Thought I'd introduce myself as well.
    I am originally from Canada, but am now living in Norway with my fiance.
    I have loved vintage clothing for about 5 years now, and I am at the point where pretty much everything I wear is vintage.
    Unfortunatly vintage isn't big at all in Norway, or at least the part I live in, so I have to buy online, which is great. I love the thrill of a package arriving in the mail.
    The main reason I got into vintage was my love of movies from the 30s to the 60s. The clothes the actors and actresses wore were so wonderful!

11. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Wow - it's great seeing so many new posts here this morning! Welcome everyone!

Carolyn

12. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

nu4u2buy ...HELLO JOANIE!!! To all of you that know me Joanie is a personal friend of mine and you dont know how hard it was for me to keep this venture under wraps without "spilling the beans".

Welcome to all of you that are just joining..I am known here as "Queen or Queenie" and you will come to know that I recently had the good fortune of buying the old stock inventory of a store that had been in business for over a century! Now "Queen" does NOT mean the Queen of Knowlege, but if you want to learn about vintage clothing, the different styles and eras and how to distinguish between them you have come to the right place!!

Everyone here is wonderful and helpful and I hope you stay for years to come!

Again...Welcome All!!!

13. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Good Morning Everyone!!!

It's so neat to see threecolorcat and nu4u2buy here!

But...I never knew threecolorcat was a Vegan..? How come we never met when I was living there. darn. ;)

14. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Welcome to all the new people here!

nsweezie - I live in Ottawa. So are Dale of Norway sweaters as popular over there as they are here? How is the climate in Norway?

Deb

15. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

this is great all these new people coming here!

Welcome Everyone :D

16. nsweezie

Hello again!
    Dale of Norway is very popular, and quite expensive here. The good thing is that you can find these sweaters at the Salvation Army store so I have bought a few for the folks back in Canada.
    The weather here is lovely. I'm originally from Nova Scotia, and my family is still there. They've had a very hard winter there, with 95cm of snow in 72 hours a few weeks back. Even though I am much further north, we had practically no snow and it has yet to drop below 0C.
    I'm looking forward to reading new posts, and I'd like to say thanks to the organizers of this forum!

17. nsweezie

Hello again!
    Dale of Norway is very popular, and quite expensive here. The good thing is that you can find these sweaters at the Salvation Army store so I have bought a few for the folks back in Canada.
    The weather here is lovely. I'm originally from Nova Scotia, and my family is still there. They've had a very hard winter there, with 95cm of snow in 72 hours a few weeks back. Even though I am much further north, we had practically no snow and it has yet to drop below 0C.
    I'm looking forward to reading new posts, and I'd like to say thanks to the organizers of this forum!

18. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

nsweezie We have a member here from Nova Scotia, She showed us pics of all that snow. That was alot!!!!

19. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

I'm originally from Newfoundland, so we are neighbours!

Deb

20. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Welcome to all the members just siging up!

To introduce myself - well I am terrible at this. Lets' see:
    theatrical costume designer, pattern draper, old house restorer, interested in history and geneaology, studied fashion history in grad school for Costume Design degree and haven't ever really stopped, started collecting vintage hair combs, fans and clothing about 25 years ago and dealing 12 years ago. My strong areas are pre 1960s, but I will wing it if needed!

And it's taken , what 2 years? for Jonathan and I to disagree on a date for agarment! I feel pretty good about that.

Hollis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.