1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

How great to see all these new faces! :)

WELCOME - WELCOME - WELCOME!

Make yourself at home ~ you won't find a better group of people ANYWHERE. :)

2. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

We should have some smilie cookies and cups of tea instead of just smilie faces.

:P

Deb

3. heavensent-hellbent

heavensent-hellbent Registered Guest

Hello Everyone + welcome welcome welcome to all the new members! I heard there's over 20 so far and that is fabulous!!!!!!!!

I'm Stacey, the "heavensent" part of (heavensent)(hellbent) on ebay, and a semi-reg on the VC&A board. Welcome to your newest addiction in websites, there's always something going on here, and of course -- PLENTY of resources and information to take in. Enjoy it !

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

This is the first time I've checked out this thread today...and what a treat to see the new posts!

Joanie, Sandra and nsweezie...Welcome! It is super to have you here.

And another Canadian here nsweezie...from Ontario.

Sue:)

5. route66gal

route66gal Registered Guest

Howdy there! My name is Melanie, and I live in Austin, TX. I'm currently considering going full time selling online, as I'm a recent victim of the tech bust here in town. Fave eras are 40's and 50's, though I do love a funky 70's t-shirt now and then.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

-Melanie

6. Welcome Joanie, Sandra and nsweezie! ...and how nice to add Norway to the geographic spread, here!

I'm Stephanie--Steph, for short, here. I'm in the cosmopolitan Dallas, Texas area. :)

I started collecting vintage for wear 14 years ago and have been on eBay for almost three years. I was very blessed to meet this fabulous group of people on the Vintage Clothing and Accessories eBay board, in 2001. It's a rich group!

Steph

7. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Just a bump up for anyone else....

Welcome to everyone!!!!:)

Gail

8. MemphisVintage

MemphisVintage VFG Member

Hi and a big welcome to all!!

I'm Marlene, another VFG member in Tennessee, but I'm in Memphis. Easy to see why I choose the name MemphisVintage! I'm 47, married to my husband for 22 years and have a son 18 and a daughter 15. I have been selling vintage clothing on ebay for just under 4 years. Started out selling part time, but has become a full time job for some time now. Just expanded last Spring and opened my own vintage clothing website MemphisVintage.com. I absolutely love 30s-50s fashions! Especially love those Hollywood Glamour Years. So welcome aboard to all the new members and don't be shy. Everyone here is wonderful and very helpful! Great group of people!

~ Marlene

9. rjroni1

rjroni1 Registered Guest

Welcome to any new faces I see! <p>
    Hi my name is Jackie and am also know as rjroni1. I have been selling on eBay for over a couple years now. I love anything vintage and have been a treasure hoarder for many years! I could never see throwing things out but my husband made me anyway ( of course now I wish I hadn't ) anyway this was long before the world of the internet came along. I have a family life that keeps me busy and I also work part-time so my life generally is very full. My real passion though is vintage and selling vintage! I am happy to be a part of this great board of people who are a wealth of information, inspiration and support! I hope you will find it as pleasant as I have.<P> Don't hesitate to ask questions, there is plenty of help here!<p> WELCOME!

10. wyyrd2

wyyrd2 Registered Guest

Hi. My name is Teresa. I was born in southern Indian, but moved to Florida (where I still live) when I was 12. I am 38 and have two sons (11 and 18). I am a housewife and I like to draw. My mom made her own wonderful 50s (rural Indiana was a bit behind the times) stlye dresses and I always loved dressing up in them. My sister is 12 years older than me and I also secretly coveted her 60s-70s clothes. I have a terrible shopping addiction and I found I could do more shopping if I went to places like the Goodwill. It took me awhile to realize I was buying "vintage clothes" and not "just cheap old stuff". I like anything that is feminine and either bright and colorful or shinny ( some call it tacky). Sadly, my house is overflowing and my husband says I have to get rid of some stuff (I also have tons of fabric and patterns and craft stuff and nick nacks). When I started to look into selling some stuff, I realized I needed to do a lot of learning first. That is how I found myself here.

11. Swan Lake Vintage

Swan Lake Vintage Registered Guest

Hi All,

I'm Mary, aka Swan Lake Vintage. Some of you know me already. For those that don't, my condensed, family version is this :

I live in Ct. and have 5 years to go before I'm considered a senior citizen, although I have received my AARP card ( which I keep throwing away ;) ) I don't care what my drivers license says, I am not this old !

I have 4 children and 1 I consider my own. There are only 2 left at home, a daughter 14 and a son 19. I have great plans for their bedrooms when and if they ever leave . My oldest son lives in Japan and teaches English there, the other 2 boys are in the automotive specialty area and are racers.

I have loved vintage since I was in middle school and still hate shopping in regular retail stores. I am probably one of the few females on earth that hates " the mall"

I love being a participant of the VFG and have learned a great deal here, along with making a lot of new friends.

So, welcome to all the new faces ! You'll have a great time here ! And don't be shy, we love seeing new items and talking about them, so let us see what you have !!

Mary

12. Hi, Teresa! Welcome aboard!

Steph

13. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Hi Teresa! Glad to see you made it in!

Deb

14. Hello Teresa! Welcome to the VFG...hope we can all help you learn about your finds (so you can sell them and make room for more of course!!)

You will be joining a few more great artists here...from sculpters to painters and more!!

Bonnie

15. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for posting ~ and Welcome! It is good to have you here!

Sue;)

16. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Bumping this to 'today's posts' so that it doesn't get lost!

Sue:)

17. dancingdresses

dancingdresses Registered Guest

Finally - a few minutes to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.

I'm Carolyne - C to my husband, so I usually sign that way. It also eliminates confusion between me (with an E) and the fabulous BigChief - Carolyn (without).

I come at vintage from a slightly different angle than some of our other members. I started selling on eBay to get cute vintage dresses into the hands of the college swing dancing crowd. Hence, my selling name. I've also gotten into lingerie, because it's a personal love of mine - all those silky, pastel confections! Pure eye-candy, some of it!

I was born a veryvery long time ago and went through rafts of fashion magazines (as well as fashions) in my youth. (Since the days when Verushka was photographed nude, body-painted as a snake, for Vogue.) Many years at a sewing machine taught me a lot, as well as past employment in art and design field.

Over the years, as an avid history buff, my interest has come to be "everyday fashions of the everyday woman." I have absolutely no interest, whatsoever, in couture, so I usually steer clear of those discussions. Fashion one-ups-manship leaves me cold. I get intrigued by the particular construction/style/cut of a particular garment - but couldn't care less if it's by Coco (of Paris) or Gladys (of Biloxi).

What does fascinate me - fabrics, construction, clothing of an era as generated by the then-current culture . . . the everyday aspects of what we wore and why. Every garment has a story - and I'd love to hear them all!

So, hello to old friends.
    And a smiling salute to our new members. Welcome!
    Hope you have a good time here. This is a nice place - rich in knowledge - a gathering of many interests, outlooks and areas of expertise.
    We're looking forward to your unique and varied contributions to the discussions - no matter from which direction you come at vintage fashion.
    Welcome to the (knowledge) pool. Come on in; the water's fine! :)
    C

18. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

Wow, how exciting and fun to read all these posts! Welcome to each and every one of you. Nu2U (hope I got the name right), I'm very happy to pass the matriarch torch to you. :D
    It IS nice to actually remember the 50s and 60s and it does make id'ing the clothes a tad easier!
    As for my AARP card, I keep tossing mine as well. Heck, I can't be old enough to belong to AARP...I'm only 23 (in my head at least lol)
    Welcome Again!
    Joey/camelbackcat

19. Hi there!

I'm Kari and hail from the chilly state of Wisconsin.

It's great to have another spot to chat with other vintage aficionados. :)

I've loved vintage clothing and jewelry since I was in elementary school and started collecting when my father brought me along to estate auctions.

I think my favorite era for clothing is the 1960's as I love color and bold prints. I love moderne jewelry from the 1950's as well.

I've been an active eBay dealer since 1998 and also sell through shows and antique malls. We've recently launched our own website and are slowing adding merchandise as time allows (seems there is never enough of that).

I notice several familiar names and hope to get to know the rest of you as we post.

--Kari

20. RockinRubys

RockinRubys Registered Guest

Hello Everyone!
    My name is Cheryl and I live in Indiana. I guess my love for all things vintage came from going to auctions, estate/garage sales with my mom when I was very young. I started buying and wearing vintage around 1986 (back when you could get a cart full of 50's dresses for about $10). Vintage 40's and 50's was my daily uniform until a few years ago and I began selling at that time. I especially love anything from the 40's-50's era and consider this my specialty. I frequently lurk the vintage clothing board on Ebay but due to the lurkers who use the boards to report the competitions auctions and somehow manage to get them yanked-I don't post anymore..so this is PERFECT! I look forward to meeting everyone...

Cheryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.