1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD THREAD 2004 -just registered? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Hey kasket! Nice to see you again!

And a big welcome to all the new faces. I've been a little out of the loop the past few weeks. I just started a new full time day job - my first in 2½ years! So it unfortunately means I get to spend less time hanging out here. :(

But I have to say I am so thrilled to see all the new faces! Some of you I do recognize from the VC&A and you'll likely recognize me from being one third of the VTA girls. I've already done my little introduction on the this thread earlier so I'll just say "HI!" for now and see you on the board!

2. specialoccasionvintage

specialoccasionvintage Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

My name is Kara. I hate my full-time job and decided somewhat insanely one day to try to turn my love of vintage dresses into a new business venture! I've never done anything like this so I'm pretty nervous! I have had a lot of fun building my collection and looking for clothing-- so now I'm at the hard part, waiting for buyers :(

Thanks to all and to VFG, this site has been very friendly and informative. I'm really looking forward to this!

Kara

3. It really is nice to hear from so many more people; it's like a party being at least twice as good as you expected!

...had to chuckle about the ol' man in black/Johnny Cash reference, Monica! I was just trying to explain him to my kiddo, after hearing A Man Named Sue, the other day. He was my first crush, at around age 5. :D Welcome!

Lots of us have dropped off of the VCA board, too, kasket. I was just still reading there back when you were active, so I 'sorta' feel like I 'kinda' know ya. Welcome!

Where there's a will, there's a way, Kara. Welcome!

Steph

4. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Hello and welcome, one and all! :)

It's great to see you here, and I look forward to getting to know you ~

Carolyn

5. persiasprincess

persiasprincess Registered Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I'm based in the UK. I currently trade on e-bay under the name of persiasprincess and have a shop called Chic And Timeless. I have been selling vintage clothing for about 3 months and am really enjoying it. I am still a novice and would love to hear from the experienced sellers out there! I currently have approximately 700 vintage items waiting to sell and would appreciate advice on how to set up a website like those accessible from this site. I'm not sure whether I would need UK advice or whether international rules apply in England.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Regards Wendy.

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi Wendy,

We are glad you found us! Fell free to post pictures of any of your things and ask any questions you like.

We have some very web saavy people here who can help you out with your site questions too.

Lizzie

7. Warm greetings Wendy!!

I hope we can all be of help to you. Wow...700 items...you've got some work to do!!

We have a few UKers on the board as well, and they are fabulous gals!! I'm sure they can give you loads of info too!

Bonnie

8. MemphisVintage

MemphisVintage VFG Member

Welcome Wendy!

Wow you have lots of stuff to put up - Whew! Feel free to email me and I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have about getting a webstie up. I have a website that has been live for just over a year. So be sure and let me know if I can help answer any questions.

Glad you found the VFG! Wondeful group of people:)

~ Marlene
    www.memphisvintage.com

9. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Welcome! :)

Many of us have websites, some sell on eBay and some have a shop in the VC-Mall and then of course some of us do all three or some sort of combination! Lots of hard workers here. ;)

You can cruise by the vc-mall and see if that's something you might want to start out with. It's really easy to set up and something that can be really ideal for a beginner since Deb (the webmaster & owner) is great at answering questions and helping you out any step along the way. Cruise by and check it out!

Hope to see you around the Board!

10. luckysparrow

luckysparrow Guest

My name is Tina and I've been selling on ebay for 4 years. I sell under the ID luckysparrow. I used to sell under the name bonitaapplebum, but changed my seller ID.

I'm 32 and live in Nebraska with my husband and two spoiled Boston Terriers. I am a serious thrift-aholic. When I am not thrifting, I like to work in my garden, work on house restoration projects, read and cook.

I have 'champagne taste and beer money' and I love the quality and detail of fine vintage garments. Shopping at the mall freaks me out!

11. elsewhere

elsewhere Guest

you're not the only one, Tina! I have a feeling that a LOT of us aren't exactly mall shoppers...

In fact.. I'm trying to think of the last time I bought clothes in the mall...

Does Target count? ;)

Welcome! Seeing all these new faces fills me with gleeeee!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
    kristine

(ps-- I've been selling on ebay for over 5 years as Elsewhere. I just started my own website - which is still in the test phase and NOT functional - at www.elsewherevintage.com)

12. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

Glad to see people introducing themselves - welcome all and especially UK Wendy (well hey, I'm a Brit too) and where's the store? I'm in London, am I close???

And don't be timid all you others - do say hello.

Anne
    President

13. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

Welcome, welcome, welcome! To all the new faces :)

Christine
    (who is also skeered of the mall!)

14. Greetings all....... so great to see so many newcomers finding their way here! This wonderful group and website have nowhere to go but up up up!:) Best thing to hit the vintage market in years!

Vintage is alive - it just never dies!

15. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Nice to see you here, Tina!!

16. Welcome, Wendy and Tina! It's great to have you!

Steph

17. Hello Again -

I introduced myself on the other boards a couple of nights ago but thought I should also introduce myself here for everybody else!

My name is Maureen and since 1999 I sell (and buy!) on eBay under the user name vintage*grace. I recently established my own vintage website called Vintage Grace and love it! I have been having such a great time.

I had worked in the corporate world longer than I care to remember and recently decided it was time for a change. After taking 9 months off, I started my website and now here I am. At www.vintagegrace.com I not only sell Vintage Clothing but I write a weekly column called Musings. It gives me yet another creative outlet, lets me spout off and allows others to see my warped humor.

I am 44 years old and have been married for the last 8 years. I met my husband, Barry, on vacation in South Africa. It was love at first sight and we were married 5 months later. We live in the beautiful and scenic Sierra Mountains of California in the region between Placerville and Lake Tahoe (Gold Rush Country). Our family is comprised of 3 cats - Atticus Finch, Sweet Pea and Georgie - as well as 2 very goofy and sweet Pit Bulls - Kid Rock and Tucker. (Yes, Pit Bulls are very, very, very, very sweet and lovings doggies!)

In addition to selling vintage, I work 2 days a week as a bookkeeper for the American River Conservancy. It is a non-profit organization the has helped protect the Sierra's scenic and wild places for the last 15 years. www.arconservancy.org

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Feel free to say 'hi' anytime!!

Cheers ~ Maureen
    [​IMG]

18. Bee

Bee Registered Guest

Hello, there. I'm Bee, live in Nova Scotia, found this site while doing research for a provincial museum project. I'm afraid I'm not a seller, have a small personal collection of 40's - early 50's clothing and jewellery.

However, I'm presently being taught basic forties' dressmaking/pattern making techniques in order to make reproductions for the museum village animators to wear, so I hope you can bear with me in spite of my not being a seller - this site, and the websites of many participants, are wonderful visual resources.

19. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Welcome to all the newer people the past couple of days!

And, Bee....nice to see another 'canajun' here :).

(heck, if Anne can give a 'special' welcome to the Brits, I can do it for the Canadians! :) )

And Bee, you don't have to be a seller, and I'm sure a lot of us will have questions for you on jewelry!

Sue:)

20. Bee

Bee Registered Guest

Thanks for the welcome.

And...Eep!... on jewellery questions. I'll try to scan a couple of my bits when I've time, and then figure out how to upload them! One is a nice art deco-y costume necklace, with silver accent flat beads and pendant, interspaced with dark green swirl beads and rather heavy ornate chain links. I'm rather fond of that one. Also a lovely huge fifties style lavender rhinestone butterfly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.