1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Vintage Linens Lover

Vintage Linens Lover Registered Guest

Hello everyone. I am a lover of vintage linens, mostly bedding. I was a domestics/housewares buyer from 1977 until 1985 for an upscale dept store, and then went on to become a store manager for Pacific Linen until 1992. From there I accepted a position as a store manager for a Seattle owned small dept store who carried tons of Levis. So if I can help answer any questions about bedding, other housewares or domestics and Levi's I am happy to help you if I can.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Retrouverbiz Vintage likes this.
  3. Vintage Linens Lover

Hi is there a way for me to change my name in my profile, I didnt know it was going to post my real name.
    thank you

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hi there. I can change it for you (it has to be done by an admin, you can't do it yourself)

So just tell me what you want it to be.

5. Vintage Linens Lover

Hi oh thats awesome. can you change it to vintage linen's lover
    thank you
    teresa

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

That's done for you.

7. Vintage Linens Lover

8. Dilly Day

Dilly Day Registered Guest

Hello all,
    Having been a long time lurker and reader of this interesting and oh so useful site I finally took the plunge and registered!
    I have been a collector (and hoarder) all my adult life. I have a particular interest in the 1940s and have lots of items from this period but sadly not much in the way of clothing. I also love all sorts of accessories and have a huge collection of gloves (crochet, leather, fur, fabric) and a few hats, also some pretty vintage lingerie. Glass buttons are another thing I just love and I have quite a large collection - and they don't take up much space! Often I buy things on impulse without thinking what I will actually do with them - I'm thinking of the half dozen wedding dresses, veils & tiaras I have somehow acquired! Oh, vintage lace and embroidered table linens are other things I adore and hoard! None of my things are "designer" or of great value but they are beautiful and have a history - and I love them!
    I am so looking forward to meeting everyone and seeking the collective wisdom of the site for some of my finds - when I have worked out how to post photos!

9. Midge

10. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Welcome! And aren’t these the best kind of collections!

11. Parrris

Parrris Registered Guest

Hi! I'm a student majoring in illustration. I'm very interested in vintage, so I want to use vintage clothing as the research direction of my graduation project. I'm glad to meet so many people who love vintage here~
    I currently doing some research for my project, so May I ask everyone why you like vintage? / what does the vintage mean to you?
    Please feel free to share any stories with me! I'm curious about the stories behind the vintage pieces, such as hear stories from the previous owner~if you have such one, I'm willing to hear from you! (pictures attached would be appreciated) I believe it will inspire my project anyway! :)

12. Midge

13. Parrris

Parrris Registered Guest

Retrouverbiz Vintage and Midge like this.
  14. David Belden

David Belden Registered Guest

Hello everyone great to be a part of the group! My name is David and I collect movie costumes while I have costumes of all ages I like the vintage 1920’s-1940’s especially! If anyone has any movie costume questions I may be able to help. Thanks!

15. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

16. Irene

Irene Registered Guest

Hello!!! I m an vintage enthousiast from Greece.. I love vintage clothes, especially bags and little precious items!!Nice to meet You all!!

17. Midge

18. Kerry Cordero

Kerry Cordero Registered Guest

Hi! I’m Kerry. I’m a fifteen year personal stylist and lover of vintage. There just something so groovy about special clothes that have been to other places and times with other people.

19. Midge

20. gelliot

gelliot Registered Guest

Hello, nice to meet you all!

I have been collecting and casually selling vintage fashion for 10 years. I used to work at a vintage clothing shop and it was so fun to play dress up with the mannequins. My favorite pieces have always been Edwardian or Victorian. I’m a sucker for anything cream-colored with lace. I’ve transitioned to wearing “practical” vintage in my day-to-day since moving to a homestead, but I still love to thrift and collect dresses and fancy pieces. Happy to be here! xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.