1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Welcome Meredith and zilchist! :sunshine:

2. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

Welcome Valarie, Meredith and Zilchist!:hiya:

3. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

LindaPoirer, I'm quite sure Alice wasn't intimating anything other that what she said in her message. I suspect she merely didn't realise you were the same guest who has been posting on the forums for some time now, and thought you were a brand new member when she saw your latest post here.

5. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Oops! sorry Lindapoirier, Melanie is correct. I didn't see your earlier posts.

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Linda, I think it's in our blood....I have a feeling we all do that when time allows us to when we are away...always such a thrill finding something special all the more so when we are in unknown territory!

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Meredith & Zilchrist...Welcome to our vintage forum!

8. Delgato858

Delgato858 Registered Guest

Hello, I am new to this fascinating forum. A little bit about myself. I have been a collector of sorts since i was a child, and in the last few years began selling on Ebay. My father owned and operated a clothing Boutique in the
    late 1960's thru the mid 70's on the east coast, and stayed in the clothing industry through the 80's. I worked in the clothing industry late 80's to mid 90's and left for 15-18 years. I have a fascination with vintage items that include clothing
    and do actively hunt for out of the ordinary pieces. I joined this for help discovering the styles, and identifying pieces, and to share. A recent find is a lightweight Turquoise suede dress/ or caftan by John Hogan (designer Adele simpson) that still has a price tag on it. I look forward to being here. Thank you, Ed

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

10. Delgato858

Delgato858 Registered Guest

Thank You!!

11. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Hi Jean,
    I hope you get to bring a lot of your vintage with you from France! I am in the UK, as are some of the other members here.

12. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

13. Designerera

Designerera Registered Guest

Hi i am new hare, i am always interested in vintage fashion trends. See you guys in future.

14. Darkman

Darkman Registered Guest

Love it! Been looking for a place where I can learn more about vintage clothing. The label resources is AWESOME and was wondering if there's a pdf version I could download to take with me on my iPhone while hunting?

So many knowledgeable people and resources, thank you!

15. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there and welcome. We do not have a pdf version however when you have a label to look up you can enter vfg and the label name into the google search function of your smart phone and if the label is available in our label resource section the link will come up in the google results.

Pinkcoke likes this.
  16. Darkman

Darkman Registered Guest

Awesome thank you!

17. GroovyTwinkies

GroovyTwinkies Registered Guest

I'm fairly new to the vintage scene. I have always loved the fashions of the 30s and 40s and recently started combing thrift stores and yard sales for vintage items. I would one day like to own a shop of high end vintage clothes and accessories. Thank you so much for putting this forum and site up.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  18. birdcagevintage

birdcagevintage Registered Guest

I'm new! Although I have been lurking for a while, I signed up last week to be able to ask questions of the community and grow my knowledge base. I've been a vintage merchant for just about two years. I was doing it full time, but recently started working again, so sadly I haven't had as much time to really go looking for great stuff! I hope to be able to go back to full time eventually.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  19. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

good morning and welcome to the VFG, GroovyTwinkies, BirdCageVintage and Priyanka!

20. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Welcome Priyanka, Groovy Twinkies, and BirdCageVintage , you will love it here!! :hiya:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.