1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woolquilt

Woolquilt Alumni

Hello! I am a freelance museum curator specializing in historic clothing and textiles. For the past six years, I have been the guest curator for costume & textiles at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art in Hartford, CT, where I am currently working on "Gothic to Goth: Romantic Era Costume & Its Legacy." It will open in the spring of 2016 and have a catalog. Until my stint at the Wadsworth, I have always worked in history museums (including five years as curator of textiles & fine arts at Old Sturbridge Village), so I am eager to learn about 20th-century couture. I have recently accepted for the Wadsworth's collection a large donation of 1980s couture fashion by Helene Hayes of Paris, which I am really excited about. If anyone has pieces of Helene Hayes couture in their collection, I am eager to hear about it! I have been in contact with the V & A about pieces in their collection, and also have recently met the son of Ms. Hayes, who showed me important archival materials. I hope that I will be doing an exhibition about Helene Hayes after Gothic to Goth. Thanks for welcoming me to the VFG, and I look forward to learning from you all!

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Sounds lovely, any chance of seeing a photo or two?

4. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Your job sounds fabulous Lynne, and so does your upcoming exhibition!:)

5. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

We travel to New Haven twice a year to visit our son. This exhibit, and the museum itself, would make a wonderful day trip to see. Thanks for posting!

6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hi Lynne - I thought of you this morning as I was moving some older quilts to a new space. (Relatively clueless n Vermont - but LOVE the collection at the Shelburne Museum).

morning-glorious likes this.
  7. Tricia Bailey

Tricia Bailey Registered Guest

Hi - I've been reading and very occasionally posting for a while, but I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Tricia. I've been collecting vintage fashion and accessories for about five years, and about six months ago I began selling on Etsy. I'm addicted to estate sales and researching my vintage finds online! Nice to "meet" all of you!

8. alrm198

alrm198 Registered Guest

Hi everyone! :hiya:
    I've been a lurker of these forums for a while but thought I would finally sign up!
    I'm addicted to charity shop bargain hunting, shopping in the laines in brighton and my OH & I have just knocked our kitchen and dining room into one room so we can make our own 1950's american diner themed kitchen! I'm also a blogger, baker, crafter and I attend a book club and crafty cuppa once a month! Pleased to meet you!

poppyetpear and Retro Ruth like this.
  9. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Hi Alrm198, and a big welcome from me From your profile here your next county down from me, it sound s if you have a very full life ,

10. poppyetpear

poppyetpear Registered Guest

I've been browsing here for awhile and I've decided to participate! I can't wait to learn new things from you seasoned members. You guys really know your stuff! Thanks for having me here!

alrm198 and Retro Ruth like this.
  11. HighHatCouture

HighHatCouture Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Kary J. I am 32 years young. I use the label resource list all the time! I live with my husband of ten years in West Fargo, ND. I speak Nepali as a second language. I am a history enthusiast and I try very hard to support local artists in my community. I am sensitive to their plight, because my husband is a musician, and his mother is an impressionist painter. I love writing short story fiction and I've been a vegetarian for 18 years. My blood type is coffee.

12. applesandarsenic

applesandarsenic Registered Guest

Hi!!
    My name is Andrew and I LOVE all things vintage. I'm 26 years old and live in Portland, OR where I find most of my vintage treasures. I am so glad I found this forum, and just spent the past 2 hours reding through old post! I think I've found my new love! I'm sure ill have lots of questions for you all, so THANK YOU VFG!

13. panda878

panda878 Registered Guest

Hi :) I have only recently started falling in love with the vintage look after my work held a Rock n Roll themed Christmas party. I loved the 50's style dresses I found while searching and so decided to make my own. I have never made a dress ever, and I have to say it turned out really well! I was so proud of it and had such fun making it that I want to make more!! I found so many styles I loved during my searching, and I have 2 parties coming up this year with a vintage, retro, pin-up theme which gives me an excuse to buy/make more dresses!!

I'm actually searching for a couple of specific things, which is why I registered, but I am sure I will find lots more exciting things on this site :)

14. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Guest

HI! My name is Alcyon and I am 24 years old. I have been a regular user of the site for over a year and finally registered today! I sell vintage and designer clothing on ebay, as well as books- amazon and vinyls- discogs. This site has TREMENDOUSLY helped me with my business and dating clothing.

***Edited by Admin: links to sites and selling venues is reserved for dues-paying VFG Trade Members only. (Please read our Welcome To The VFG Forums, rule #3. ) Thank you.

15. Melanie Clarke

Melanie Clarke Registered Guest

Hello everyone I have just registered and excited to be here. Loving the shop VFG on ebay but just wondering how I could become a part of it? Can anyone help at all?

16. The Vintage Merchant

Welcome, Melanie.

you have registered as a guest here, but to participate in VFG events, one must apply and be accepted for membership. :)

You can find our Code of Practice on the front page of our website, here, and within that section you can read the qualifications of what it takes to be a member. The application is in that same area of the site, as well.

17. Gosia

Gosia Registered Guest

Hallo everyone! I'm so happy I found this amazing place in the web. You're doing great job here! I'm joining to educate myself. Hope I will be able to make my little contribuiton too. I live Poland so please excuse me in my English is imperfect sometimes:)

18. The Vintage Merchant

19. HoneyPot

HoneyPot Registered Guest

Hi Everyone!

My name is Honey Pot and I am very excited to be a part of this forum. I am hoping to make a lot of new friends here and to enjoy the conversations about all things vintage!

20. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.