Are You New--Please Introduce Yourselves!! 2017

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by pinky-a-gogo, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Katee

Katee Registered Guest

2. Katee

Katee Registered Guest

Hello & Cheers!

My name is Kate .. and needless to say, I love, admire, and appreciate vintage clothes, shoes, gloves, etc. etc. What a work of art so many of past designs/designers have given to the fashion world. This is a great resource for all of the great fashions. Just love to look at and find information and finding some answers to questions that I have about "my stuff" .

If anyone can give me "bio" information on Germaine Montabert, I would appreciate it. I have searched online and have found nothing about her life. Have a great hat designed by her, but no information on Germaine herself.

Thank you for this great site.

Katee

3. Oh Flossie

Oh Flossie Registered Guest

Hi Everyone!

My name is Patty and I love Vintage Fashion! I am a seamstress and do alterations and repairs to vintage garments. My favorite vintage fashions are from the 30's through the '50's. I am obsessed with the golden age of Hollywood costumes. I'm looking forward to meeting like minded people to share my love of vintage.

4. julia m

julia m Registered Guest

My name is Julia from the Dominican Republic, currently living in the Northeast of the island (Las Terrenas) where I am an entrepreneur. Since a teenager I developed the interest of second-hand clothing, where I found out then it could be vintage. I have lived in five different countries mostly in Europe and there my passion for vintage clothes grown. In August i will venture to open my virtual vintage & retro garment store. In DR is very limited where i can get high fashion garments. I will give it a try and curate my selection and share my passion with others here and worldwide. I hope i can meet other people, learn and expand my network.

KaizenVintageMoll likes this.
  5. Curious Penny

Curious Penny Registered Guest

Hello everyone! My name is Kay & I live & work in Glasgow, Scotland. Having read you introductory posts, I am most certainly the novice who can learn from your wealth of vintage fashion expertise! By day I am a community psychiatric nurse. I have started to collect some vintage pieces & enjoying the thrill of the hunt. Keen to learn more & follow discussions around vintage clothing, with view to having you help me date some of my more conspicuous finds! Thanks guys

6. CissyStrut

CissyStrut Registered Guest

Hello Vintage enthusiasts! My name is Roxanne. I’m a keen dressmaker and dress collector. I’ve been looking for a Vintage fashion resource which can help educate me on specific brands, materials and styles so that I can date my own vintage wardrobe.

My most loved period in vintage fashion is late 50s, early 60s.

Aside from my own personal development, I would also like to be more confident when dating items I sell online.

Can’t wait to join the conversation. Thank you for having me!

7. Nichole

Nichole Registered Guest

Hi there,
    My name is Nichole and I run a little shop on Etsy. Vintage is my passion.

Attached Files:

8. Knockout Hideout

Knockout Hideout Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Lindsey, and I am a full-time reseller of vintage goods. I've recently started getting into fashion, so I am trying to build my knowledge base and connect with others. I am incredibly thankful to have found this group! I look forward to connecting here and getting to know everyone. Hopefully I will be a valuable resource as well in the future. Thank you!

9. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I'm Elle from Canada. I'm currently entering my first year of university. I am fond of clothing and accessories from the 1960s/1970s/1980s. I look forward to spending more time on this lovely forum.