1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Public Forums? Please introduce yourself: 2024!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by MagsRags, Jan 1, 2024.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hi @BigMunnyMunro - What an interesting perspective on vintage fashion you bring. I am guessing most of the men who like vintage work clothes just kind of like that Marlboro Man look - it's strictly a fashion choice. You work in your vintage work clothes. We have a number of members who live in Canada including the co-founder and curator of the Fashion History Museum in Cambridge, Ontario. Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help out in any way. OR - share some of your favorite finds with us. Very little beats finding something vintage that in a thrift store that you love.

BigMunnyMunro likes this.
  2. poshthreads

poshthreads VFG Board Member

Welcome to the Forums @BigMunnyMunro - We are so glad you are here! Your intro was a very interesting read. There is something special about wearing clothing from another era and contemplating its history. As Jolene mentioned, we have great resources and members that specialize in men's vintage. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums.

BigMunnyMunro likes this.
  3. Kat O'Hearn

Kat O'Hearn Registered Guest

Hi... I am a real estate agent in Colorado Springs. I work with elderly clients that are needing to downsize, go to assisted living or nursing homes. I help clients and their families sell their homes and any other items that may be of interest. Lately I have gotten a couple of fur coats and a leather coat. I like to help my clients by listing their items on Ebay with their permission and forwarding the proceeds to them. I know nothing about fur coats or other vintage items. I thought this would be a great place to get information and guidance from others that are in the know. Where would I post pictures and labels on this forum? Thank you for allowing me to join! I look forward to learning more!

4. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

Hi Kat! @Kat O'Hearn- It's great to have you join us! You are so kind to do that for your clients and we'd be happy to help you learn more about the pieces you're listing.
    Our Public Q&A thread is here- https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/
    Feel free to post photos and ask any questions you might have.
    If you have labels to contribute to our label resource- that would be here- https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-labels-for-the-label-resource-add-here.41/
    And to research the labels you have that would be our label resource here- https://vintagefashionguild.org/resources/labels/

Again, thanks for joining us and I hope to see you in the forums!

5. amandainvermont

Welcome Kat. We would be pleased to be able to help you help your clients. There are several members who specialize in furs and can usually answer all questions. We can also help you research labels if you don't find them in our label resource. And there is a fur resource to help with identifications. https://vintagefashionguild.org/resources/fur-exotic-skin/ We love to see other folks' vintage items, so look forward to seeing what you have to sell.

6. poshthreads

7. norpio

norpio Registered Guest

Hey! I tend to go by Brooke online! I'm an 18 year old thrifter from Dallas, TX with a fascination for vintage pieces, though I'm a total newbie. I'd love to find out more about the pieces i already own, and develop a keener eye when scourging through vintage/thrift stores, all while finding community on here!

Shusteroo and BlackLotusVintage like this.
  8. BlackLotusVintage

Hi Brooke, we are super glad you joined us! If you're interested in learning, you are in the right place!
    You can share your pieces and ask for information here- https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/
    And be sure to explore the entire forum as there is so much good info and a lot of great people!

9. poshthreads

Hi Brooke! Welcome to the forums. I'm in Dallas two months out of the year and vintage shop when I'm there. It's so interesting to see the unique items found in different regions.

BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  10. amandainvermont

Welcome Brooke - As someone who has loved vintage for the last 50 + years it's fun to see what an 18-year-old considers vintage. We have lots of young members who are on your wavelength and we would all love to see what you have found so far. And you can educate us as to what the younger generation is looking for when they search for vintage.

BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  11. Jaiiim3

Jaiiim3 Registered Guest

Just a woman born in the wrong time, I have a deep passion to learn about the wonderful history of each vintage piece I find. Love this community and all the help it has given me while researching pieces!

12. amandainvermont

We love to see what other people have found and usually we learn something in the researching as well.

Jaiiim3 likes this.
  13. BlackLotusVintage

That is so wonderful to hear, and we are very happy to have you with us! I think we all kind of have that feeling of being bornin the wrong time!

14. PerennialVintage

PerennialVintage Registered Guest

Have been meaning to join this lovely forum for years.
    I sell vintage clothing on Etsy and love it more than words can say.♥

BlackLotusVintage and MagsRags like this.
  15. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

We are glad you are here now! Welcome.

PerennialVintage likes this.
  16. amandainvermont

Welcome @PerennialVintage. Many of our members sell on ETSY. This is a great place to "talk vintage," share ideas and ask questions.

17. BlackLotusVintage

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!! We are happy you joined us! I know we cannot post shop links etc., but I have to say you have a fabulous shop and you are definitely in the right place here at the VFG! If you ever consider joining us as a trade member the info is all right here

MagsRags likes this.