1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Public Forums? Please introduce yourself: 2024!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by MagsRags, Jan 1, 2024.

1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Jennie! Welcome! You may want to check out the books in our Amazon shop (purchases support the VFG): https://www.amazon.com/shop/vintagefashionguild

We do not provide authentication, but you can ask any questions about materials and techniques. One of our members, @claireshaeffer, is a Chanel expert and a couture sewing expert.

2. denisebrain

Glad you found us!

3. denisebrain

4. denisebrain

5. denisebrain

Hello @Lea Lang!

We are lucky to have a few Australian members and alumni members that may be able to help you with specific labels and designers. We certainly will help you in any way we can!

6. denisebrain

7. denisebrain

8. denisebrain

9. denisebrain

Very interesting! I couldn't find the question about Pab—were you able to respond to that? Here is how to upload a photo (if you have it scanned or digitally available) https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/threads/faq-how-to-post-a-photo.52756/

10. denisebrain

Hi @Laura Johnstone! You know what they say: "It's not hoarding if your stuff is cool!"

BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  11. denisebrain

12. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

Welcome! It's great to have someone with men's fashion expertise around. We look forward to getting to know you and seeing you in the forum!

13. BlackLotusVintage

Welcome Katarina! We're so glad you joined us!

14. BlackLotusVintage

Welcome Maggie! Congratulations on your first... and most certainly not your last... piece of vintage!

15. BlackLotusVintage

Welcome Emily, it's great to meet you! You're certainly in the right place!

16. BlackLotusVintage

Welcome Heidi! Your church shop sounds dreamy and for such a wonderful cause!

17. BlackLotusVintage

Welcome Lea! We have a few folks that actually specialize in vintage patterns, so you're in good company! It would be very interesting to see some of your Australia vintage labels as well.

18. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hi @Laura Johnstone :hiya:
    I am so curious about what your top says, as I went to Beloit College and those are our "colors."

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
    BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  19. BigMunnyMunro

BigMunnyMunro Registered Guest

Howdy fellow vintage clothing enthusiast persons, hope yall are having an excellent day; just figured I might as well take the time to introduce myself seeing as I am brand new about here. My name’s Munro I’m a 19yo apprentice mechanic from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, I’ve always liked going to thrift stores with my mom even from a young age, finding a unique item that fills a niche you’ve been looking for never gets old. Yall mightn’t have guessed but yeah the dude well on his way to being a grease monkey is mostly interested in vintage men’s work and western style clothing (I do have some pretty sweet pieces that are more formal but I barely get to wear them) most of my favourite pieces I have are vintage Canadian made work clothes from the 60s up to about the 80s but I have some stuff that’s even older. I’m in no way “easy” on my clothes, they’re work clothes and I work in them, I feel like it’s only right to wear something the way it was designed to be worn. I think the reason I’m so dedicated to wearing vintage, even if I don’t necessarily baby my clothes, is that I love the cut of vintage clothes, the thick rigid fabrics, and it feels incredible to be able to put on an outfit and to be able to know that the people who made it lived a lived a decent life in a decent country, and may even have been unionized, it was someone who chose to work in textile manufacturing and likely did for most of their career, they had a passion for the clothes and it just gives them a better feel, I don’t know how to explain it.

cheers, thanks for reading the ramblings of a madman
    -Munro

Shusteroo and BlackLotusVintage like this.
  20. BlackLotusVintage

Hi Munro @BigMunnyMunro - You explained it perfectly! I think all of us have a similar thought process with the vintage pieces we yearn for! It's very nice to meet you and we're glad you joined us! We have some great resources and people here that specialize in men's vintage that I am sure you will enjoy. hope to see you around the forums and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need help getting around.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024