1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Public Forums? Please introduce yourself: 2024!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by MagsRags, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Hi @Jason K,
    Welcome to the VFG Forums, and thanks for bringing this designer to our attention - he definitely deserves to have an entry in our Label Resource!
    Please view the guidelines for label submissions here, and feel free to post any biographical research you've done there as well.
    PM me with any questions!

2. alyciasea

alyciasea Registered Guest

Hello! I am a vintage lover based out of Michigan. I love the 30s and 40s! Gimme all the new look vibes, too. Favorites are gabardine swing jackets, organza and sheer dresses from the 1940s, and I never miss a sassy 40s shoulder pad! I joined to learn more about a Ceil Chapman dress I got, but i'm excited to look around! What a dream.

3. Elizabeth Korsmo

Elizabeth Korsmo Registered Guest

Hello all! I already need help changing my Avatar name.

I am a newbie to vintage fashion. My mother tried to teach me to sew when I was young, but that didn't work out very well. She's a
    'measure twice, cut once' kind of gal and I'm more of a 'meh? Just start cutting' type. I taught myself to sew at 40 and have wrecked about a third of my projects. I don't use patterns (wouldn't know how to read one) and mostly hack existing items to take off stuff I don't like and add stuff I do. I've also learned how to use a serger and was given a coverlocker by my Mom because she was so pleased that I finally became interested in sewing. My grandmother told me that it's only a mistake if you don't learn something, and I've learned plenty. I do have a few things I want to work on that are irreplaceable and have held off until I could find a group of experienced, smart and creative people to ask for help. The photo of me is one of the first things I made. I used a lot of glue, but it came out very nicely.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  4. Awsloo

Awsloo Registered Guest

Excited to join this wonderful group of like minded fashion people!

5. Emzybee

Emzybee Registered Guest

Hi everyone!

My name is Emily, and I'm currently honing my skills for vintage!
    I love vintage and retro jewellery, my favourite purchase being a gorgeous Georg Jensen tigers eye ring from the 60s.

I live in the UK, and love dragging my other half antiquing at the weekends!

Thank you for this wonderful community!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  6. jenniet

jenniet Registered Guest

Hi everyone and nice to meet you all!

I’m a vintage enthusiast who loves to shop and deepen my knowledge of vintage fashion. I don’t really sell besides any clearing out of my closet. I started buying vintage about 12 years ago through all types of thrifting and am now focusing on vintage Chanel and Hermes. I’m looking to learn as much as I can about materials, techniques, authentication, etc. Any recommendations for books and resources to study would be extremely welcome! Thank you! Happy to join this group of vintage lovers.

-Jennie