1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old tech support and forum questions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

It would if you would type something...like...here it is, etc. You can't preview it either. Just have to post. Make sure your photo is not too large.

Also take a look at this thread on how to post pictures. We would rather you post one that is hosted by you and there are free places out there like photobucket.com

http://www.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/viewthread.php?tid=40058

2. CRAZYBUBBA

CRAZYBUBBA Registered Guest

I'm actually not allowed to enter that forum :(

3. vintageclothesline

Oh sorry...let me see if I can copy and paste or start a new thread on how to post a picture...brb

4. vintageclothesline

For uploading pictures in to your posts do the following. Say that your image is www.members.aol.com/freda/cashmere.jpg (needs to be hosted by your photo web host like photobucket.com)...

Simply prefix that with this
    img src=http://

and put this < at the very beginning of the whole thing and this > at the end.

And hey presto – it loads. Be sure to leave one clear space between the img and src

Note: Be sure to acquaint yourself with the Board Rules at top of the forums to see what is allowed. Thanks! Happy chatting!

5. Broode

Broode Registered Guest

May take some time, but if you stick with it, you'll be ready to apply again.

Regards

Broode

____

6. Alison_86

Alison_86 Registered Guest

i have an online vintage shop and would like to reproduce text from the VFG label resource about various designers which i am selling. am i able to do this? obviously i will give thanks to the VFG on my website.

7. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

Yes, you can. We do ask that if you use the resource or copy parts of it on another site that you credit VFG in the following way: "Information courtesy of The VintageFashionGuild Label Resource" or "Information courtesy of Contributor'sName/the VintageFashionGuild Label Resource.

also, remember that just because the garment used on the label resource is a certain date, it does not mean that all garments with the same label are the same date.

8. bycin

bycin Guest

If I want to post more than one pic and do NOT have flckr or something, how can I do this? Thanks!

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

if you don't have a photo hosting site, you'll need to upload one at a time. that's all this old system can handle, the way i understand it.

10. bycin

bycin Guest

thanks, vintagemerchant!

11. amishtaxi

amishtaxi Guest

I'm no longer using the amishtaxi ID for any of my sales sites. So wondering if I can change the ID here on this forum or would I have to open a new one? If I can change it - how? I've looked and can't see that option.
    Thanks for any help.

12. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I can't answer your question but I wanted to say Hi. :hiya: Nice to see you!!

Gail

13. vintageclothesline

Yes, I can change it...email me at [email protected] and tell me what ID you would like :)

14. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Be sure to let us know what you change it to so that we will know that it is you.

Sue

15. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

16. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

17. amishtaxi

amishtaxi Guest

Thanks for all the HI's! and hi back attcha.
    I will be using the Affaire d'Amour Vintage name as that is my website, my Main St Mall store, and my newer ebay ID is vintageaffairedamour. Someone already had it the other way.

18. Hello again, I could not make the change easily, so I just started a new ID - affairedamour. So you will know who it is.:hiya:

19. Testing avatar

20. vintageclothesline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.