1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old tech support and forum questions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

aaah haaa!

the size - therein lies the problem.

BRB & Thanks, {{{all y'all}}}!

2. Elisa

Elisa Registered Guest

Definitely keep trying. I was turned down by the VFG, but some of my non-selling practices are frowned upon by the vintage community (mainly making a jackass out of myself whenever possible--it's a compulsion!). :D

3. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

"Now where did I put that dress and how do I stall the buyer until I find it?"
    then we must all be jackass' as l'm sure this has happened to us all at some time...LOL

Gilly...is Liverpool as wet today as Carlisle is? what wet weather, where has the sunshine gone, please not only south again...

4. Gilly,

So pleased to meet you!

I was not successful at my first attempt at membership as well. I received valuable help and advise on how to better identify and understand many of my vintage finds. With time and asking many questions I have learned so much more from the members and friends of the VFG. I'm still a rookie but I love learning from such a rich and generous community.

You are so right about finding a place where so many share the same love of vintage. It is such a joy to share something I am thrilled about with people who understand ~ I often get blank stares from my family who simply don't get the appeal of a drop-dead-gorgeous 1950's cocktail dress!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Gilly, follow the suggestions that were given you in
    the response you got from the Membership Committee,
    and keep posting here. Involvement in this forum and
    other vintage forums will help you immensely. You have
    the desire and the right attitude....keep it up!

And, then reapply! :)

6. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

"Now where did I put that dress and how do I stall the buyer until I find it?"

That seems to pop into my head nearly daily with running a site AND a real-world store! Sometimes I just want to list something and cant find the dress I just photographed to measure it.....

Ang

7. WickedPlumVintage

WickedPlumVintage Registered Guest

Can\'t Post New Topic on Sneak Peeks!

Hey, I am trying to post a new topic in the sneak peek threads, but the button is nowhere to be found. I can see the buttons on every other section but that one. The buttons just aren't there, but are visible in every other section. I can reply to topics and I can start this New Topic obviously.

Why isn't it there? Am I not allowed to post there anymore?

Thanks!

Angela:insane:

8. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Hi Angela!

We've recently had some confusion from people viewing these threads - it seems that many people thought that anyone posting here was an approved member of the VFG.

Because we obviously can't vouch for those that haven't passed our application process, we found that we were forced to limit some avenues in order to avoid confusion.

There may be more changes in the future - who knows? We're still a growing organization and haven't yet come across all the bridges we'll have to cross, you know?

Don't worry! it's not you! ;)

9. atticville

atticville Alumni

Did you get it fixed? The VFG Girls saved me! I couldn't figure it out to save my life! Avatar,Smavatar :angry22: I didn't get it!

10. jaime

jaime Registered Guest

Hi, I am a new poster. When I try to attach a photo I click browse and select a photo there is no option to upload or attach the photo. I am sure I am missing something obvious, please enlighten me! Thanks in advance.

11. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Jaime, This site does not host photos, so you have to have it on a photohost like photobucket before it will be seen here. Lizzie

12. jaime

jaime Registered Guest

Thanks Lizzie, that explains it. I will get to work on that as soon as I have a chance.

13. Buckarooandco

Buckarooandco Registered Guest

I upload my pics to Picturetrail.

When you're done it gives you an option to 'get image url's'.

If you copy the one that says "Forums Tag" then paste it into your post on here, will show up like this:

[IMG]http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2136/4573533/19717308/339266897.jpg

Hope this helps!

14. I am trying to add my new logo to my outgoing email messages. I use Outlook Express 6 (2004). Can do text no problem, but having trouble with the jpeg.

Anyone?? I have looked online and tried to do it and cannot figure it out. Duh!

Thanks,
    Bonnie

15. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

You have to add it in code to your signature. But I would not add to e-mail because some servers would bounce it back as spam. I just put a link in my signature in my e-mails.

-chris

16. So you put a link from your photo host with the name of the logo??

17. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

No just a line with a link directly to site without the JPG

-Chris

18. Oh, okay thanks Chris. I really wanted to incorporate the logo, but if spam is a problem, then I won't bother.

Thanks for the info!!

bb

19. Thanks so much Marty. I wanted it to be automatic instead of adding it manually everytime I write an email. I think I might have to do it by this method until I upgrade my email from the current Outlook.

I did try stationery, but have not figured if I can have the logo at the bottom of the page instead of the top. OH!! Just tried at saw where I can do so.

Yippee - thanks for suggesting that!

20. Lisa

Lisa Registered Guest

Hi. I read the board rules and didn't see this topic covered so I'm asking permission. May I please post the date, time, and location of my yard sale? I am selling for my grandmother, her clothing from the 50's 60's and 70's. We've been trying to get her to let go of things and we're finally making progress.

Thank you. You'd really be helping out my grandparents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.