1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old tech support and forum questions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi...Under the "Formatting Mode" and under the script choices are little boxes....the 7th box is the place to click for "insert an image".....Hope this helps.....

Gail

2. Gail,

I have been on this board for years and have always inserted picture exactly how you discribe above. But about a month or 2 ago this has stopped working for me. I cannot insert pictures that way anymore so I have to do the whole html thing. I don't know what happened or what changes.

3. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Hello. You are looking in the wrong place. Instead of doing the quick reply, hit post reply at the very bottom to the right. Now you should be able to to see the little icons at the top of the posting rectangle.

You can also attach an image (make sure not huge) from your computer at the very bottom to the left of the posting space. The only problem is here that you cannot preview it and you must post some text with it.

4. vintagejunki

vintagejunki Registered Guest

5. vintagejunki

Hi to all vintage lovelys
    I am new to the site and have just ventured into the complicated but rewarding vintage clothing world but am gutted to have had my application for VFG membership declined - I respect the valued decision but wonder if any successful applicants could advise and point me in the right direction as to the required criteria. Would also welcome general interest regarding the amazing world of vintage...
    thanks & best wishes
    Gilly
    vintagejunki
    :USETHUMBUP:

6. Hi and welcome. If you have just 'ventured into' vintage then that may be why you were declined. You probably received an email detailing what the reason/resons were but if not it may have bounced. The criteria is outline on the application page if you would like to review it though.
    http://www.vintagefashionguild.org/component/option,com_facileforms/Itemid,180/

This is a great forum to start out in though and hopefully we will see a lot more of you. Good luck in your new venture.

7. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Every applicant is sent an explanation of the reasons the application was not approved. Most often with several examples where the criteria has not been met. Also links are provided so that anyone who is not approved can go back and read again the information that is available when applying. If you would like to know more you can contact [email protected]

The VFG offers this public forum. Trade members and friends alike use this forum to share and learn more about vintage fashion.

8. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

9. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Welcome, and please don't be discouraged! Keep coming to the public boards and reading and asking questions when you have them. Most of us have been at this for many years, and speaking for myself, I know I'm still learning :damnit:

It may take some time, but if you stick with it, you'll be ready to apply again at some point.

10. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Totally agree with Maggie. Keep at it and never be afraid to ask questions!

11. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

Yes do keep at it, feel encouraged not discouraged, as there is always something new to learn here or to ask....you can always re-apply (l believe after 12 months...but l'm sure l will be corrected if this isnt accurate..)

Keep posting here, show your enthusiasm, and it'll get you noticed all for the good l hope.
    all the best!!

12. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Don't be disheartened, many of our members have had to reapply. Do keep posting and asking questions here, once bitten by the vintage bug, you will want to keep learning all that you can and this is a great place to learn from!

I'm sure the next time around, you will have gained more experience and knowledge which will both definitely help you in obtaining your membership.

13. vintagejunki

:cheer: HI TO EVERYONE WHO KINDLY RESPONDED TO MY INITIAL EMAIL - HAVEN'T QUITE WORKED OUT HOW TO RESPOND TO YOU INDIVIDUALLY BUT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN IMMENSELY KIND, INFORMATIVE & ENCOURAGING - SO GLAD I FOUND THIS INVALUABLE FORUM AND WILL KEEP LOGGING IN AND HOPE TO BECOME A REGULAR & BUILD TRUE FRIENDSHIPS WITH ALL FELLOW VINTAGE FASHIONISTAS!!!
    BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL
    HUGS xx
    Gilly
    vintagejunki

14. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Gilly--

I did want to say that it shows you've got passion for vintage, and for becoming a member, that you can post here about having been declined and asking for advice.

That takes a lot of guts and it reflects well on you, in my opinion.

Do take advantage of the public boards here -- ask whatever questions you may have & I'm sure you'll get to where you're going :)

15. vintagejunki

Thank you

:clapping: thank you so much - you are so kind and it really helps to meet like minded friends - I hope that you are doing well yourself and am indebted to your valued advice
    you are a white feather in my daunting vintage world!
    big hugs
    Gilly
    x

16. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

if you wnat to email people personally you can click on the links on the bottom of each message u2u is for personal messages, but am not sure if public can message trade....(bluse buttons)....even so link to our sites or ebays/myspaces are all in the panel below our messages..
    hth

17. vintagejunki

Thank you

:puzzled: have clicked on reply at the bottom of the page to respond - hope you receive this and many thanks for your help - how come people in the vintage clothing world are so exceptionally lovely??? everyone has been so kind and I am so encouraged and even more determined to fulfill my vintage dreams....I salute you xxxxxxxx
    Gilly
    vintagejunki

18. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

change my avatar. help?

I tried both with & without the img src stuff...

It shows up fine if I click on the web link from my host...

gotta get to work - I'll check in tonite. thanks!

19. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

in the upper right hand corner of this page, just click on Control Panel/Options

on that next page, click on Edit Profile (second from the left )

then scroll down to avatar url, and just pop in your url

for example, i have boomspeed as my photo host, so mine is

http://www.boomspeed.com/tvm752/avatarSizeBlue.jpg

then you need to remember to scroll down to the bottom and click Edit Profile. You should be set. :USETHUMBUP:

20. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

and this is from the FAQ page:

How do I get my own picture (avatar) under my name?

Again in your profile there is a place for an 'Avatar' and avatar is the image under your name. Check with your Admin about the size of your avatar, it's usually considered common courtesy to use one under 150 pixels wide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.