Old tech support and forum questions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Yes, I think a yard sale would be appropriate to post. (as long as it is not on your website or internet)

2. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

Is it in Little Rock?
    ~fingers crossed~

3. Lisa

Lisa Registered Guest

Thanks Linda.

Sorry Julie, it's in Massachusetts.

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

We have members in Massachusetts for sure! Post away.

5. Lisa

Lisa Registered Guest

I posted the details in the Information Exchange. If that's incorrect, please move it.

My grandfather says Thanks. He wants this stuff out of the house. :clapping:

Any other ideas as to where or how I can find people who'd be interested in buying her clothes?

6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

7. elizabethm

elizabethm Registered Guest

I put the URL for a Photobucket-hosted pic in the box marked Avatar URL on my Edit Profile page. It isn't showing however.

Any tips?

8. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

It needs to be a really small. Try re-sizing it to about 80 pixels.

I love the beautiful gowns you made!

9. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Also just use the link starting with http:

and the size should be no longer than 169 wide by 300 high..:)

10. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site & having trouble downloading photos of clothes to put on the Q&A forum. I get a msg saying pic too big, so what should the dimensions be? Thankyou so much x

11. If you can reduce the size to 200 or 300 width, that should do it. Hope that helps. :USETHUMBUP:

12. awaywiffairies

Thankyou so much, I'll give that a try! x

13. awaywiffairies

How do I download more than one photo on the forums? Thankyou!

14. retro ruth

retro ruth Administrator Staff Member

You have to use a hosting site, such as photobucket. Then copy and paste the image link code into your message.

15. awaywiffairies

Thanks for that tho I'm not techno minded so that advice went way over my head lol :wacko:

16. awaywiffairies

:USETHUMBUP: Hey, downloading Photobucket & after a lot of playing around I'm finally there....Thankyou so much for the info...I feel enlightened!

17. inkedpalm

inkedpalm Registered Guest

I understand we "friends" are not to post photos of items that are for sale. I know the rules have changed and I've read them. I think I understand that "friends" are not to post in "Sneak Peaks" right? Just asking because someone commented on my post with photo questions that they would like to know when I put these up for auction. Don't want to go against rules so how would I handle this??? Thanks, Nadine

18. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

As long as you are not posting blatant advertising posts you should be ok.

That rule is there because we get a lot of spammers--from websites. They post tons of threads with links to their crappy sites.

you can answer the person about when your item goes up--that should be fine. Thanks.

19. inkedpalm

inkedpalm Registered Guest

20. CRAZYBUBBA

CRAZYBUBBA Registered Guest

on the bottom I can browse my computer and select an attachment but it doesn't load into the post. Weird?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.