1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesley Burdett

Lesley Burdett Registered Guest

Hello! I'm Lesley and an avid charity shopper. I usually buy and keep most things but sometimes I come across vintage gems. I already love this site!

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Lesley! :hiya: Thanks for stopping by—it's good to have you here!

Lesley Burdett likes this.
  3. Lesley Burdett

Lesley Burdett Registered Guest

Thank you

4. Caroline B

Caroline B Registered Guest

Hi everyone, what an amazing collection of people and clothes! Thanks for hours of enjoyment here. I was born in England, but currently live in Spain, and my love of fashion is thanks to my mum :) She was in her late teens, twenties during the WW1, so she dated American soldiers who were posted in England, and jived at the 'Palais' with them, they gave her silk stockings and parachute silk, and she made blouses and dresses out it, she drew a pencil line up the back of her legs, to make out her stockings were seamed, and all her hand sewn suits were Dior inspired, with hats and gloves of course. What a glamorous era. So just thinking 'vintage' makes me happy.

denisebrain likes this.
  5. denisebrain

Caroline, what a great lot of memories! I know what you mean about 'vintage'—just the word gives me the chills.

6. Nora-1

Nora-1 Registered Guest

Hii

7. Timothy

Timothy Registered Guest

Hi,
    I've been buying vintage clothing for years ,mostly to wear for myself but in the past 5 yrs I've been buying some to resell as well .
    Mostly vintage denim and leather but also some vintage sports jersey's and jackets . I have also been buying antiques and collectibles for years and started that as a teen working with my parents that were into that as well . I've found some good information on this site that have easily identifiable tags on clothing but the tags on clothing or markings on antiques that most people can't identify seem more interesting and takes a bit more time .Thanks to the people that have contributed to this site for the world to see and learn from .

denisebrain likes this.
  8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. Janine

Janine Registered Guest

Hello, I am a 2nd-year mature student studying 'Costume Production' at University in the UK. I am currently researching 18th and 19th-century male and female fashion, hairstyles, hats and accessories. I have been looking for images and historical facts to use in my assignments. Thank you for letting me join.

denisebrain likes this.
  10. Midge

11. Jo Hanilton

Jo Hanilton Registered Guest

12. Jo Hanilton

Jo Hanilton Registered Guest

Hey everyone!
    I’m Jo from just south of St. Louis MO. I have ‘casually’ collected CORO jewelry and circa 1940s handbags for years. Hoping to brush up my knowledge!
    Thanks for letting me join.

denisebrain likes this.
  13. Midge

14. Annette Guillou

Annette Guillou Registered Guest

Annette here, new to the forum! I love vintage fashion because of the fabrics the structure and the stitching. I love to follow vintage patterns. Vintage sewing and tailoring instructions too. It's also fun to learn new tricks of the trade.

denisebrain likes this.
  15. Midge

16. Eileen Follette

Eileen Follette Registered Guest

Hi all !

I'm Eileen, living in the US but originally from Ireland. I happened upon my first pair of Ferragamo heels recently by chance; they are too tiny to ever fit my size 11 however I couldn't leave them behind !

denisebrain likes this.
  17. Leanne12

Leanne12 Registered Guest

Hi! Thank you for accepting me in this forum and I can't share some of my best finds and see what else is out there

denisebrain likes this.
  18. denisebrain

Welcome Eileen! It is so hard to leave behind something fabulous, isn't it?

19. denisebrain

20. Misty Sirianni

Misty Sirianni Registered Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.