1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 NEW TO THE BOARD? INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Julia!

Welcome!!!

You are not alone in the "am I the only one who think this is fabulous." Never ask the people who live with you...always ask us lol. Anything my husband thinks is hideous is a guaranteed big seller for me. ha ha

Feel free to jump in at any time with questions, or just to "chit chat"

Chris

2. Loray12

Loray12 Registered Guest

Hi,

My name is Lorie and I am in Chicago. I have been wearing and collecting vintage since my teens (about 30 years). I currently sell under the user name of Loray12 on Ebay. After I was laid off my day job last year I decided to try to sell full time. I came across the Vintage Fashion Guild about a year and a half ago and have been using you label pages as a resource ever since.

3. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

hello to lorie, julia, and everyone else that has posted and i have shamefully failed to keep up with!! :hiya:
    this is possibly the most useful resource i've found as a vintage seller - and mine are usually questions of the date variety too... so also nice to have more people to help me struggle on, lol! someone here always seems to have that bit of information you can't quite remember.
    :)

4. Roxy De La Lune

Roxy De La Lune Registered Guest

Hi Lorraine :bouncy:

Thank you very much for telling me about this forum :USETHUMBUP:

I always enjoy my visits - everyone is sooooooooo friendly and helpful :love008:

Take care,

Roxy xx

5. thamesa

thamesa Guest

Would like to say hello and introduce myself... have collected vintage for years, and am a guide at a NYC fashion museum which gives me wonderful opportunities to see amazing things (and wish I had millions of dollars to buy with). Go to auction house sales, flea markets, thrift shops, antique shows, etc., looking for lovely odds and ends from lace and period handfans to 1930s-50s-60s clothing. Worked as a design journalist and arts administrator here and in the UK where I was born. Love to wear vintage with modern, high end and flea market fun...most recent buy: a Schiaparelli astrakhan swing coat, c. 1950, from a flea market. Can't wait for winter! Setting up website and hope to post relevant info soon. Looking forward to learning new stuff, getting advice, insight and guidance from VFG members.

6. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Welcome to all the new members! I was away from here for a couple of weeks and then had the flu - am so thrilled to see all the new people
    posting!

Sue

7. markc53

markc53 Registered Guest

Hi,

Just registered and hope this is allowed.
    I have a large amount of women's clothes from the 60's to 90's. Dresses, coats, skirts, blouses, hats, suits, mink coat, etc.
    Sample photos are available.

They are size 14 and 16 and a few from the 90's are size 18. Brands are Eastex, Aquascutum, M&S, etc. Good quality but no Dior. :sniff:

Preferably for sale in bulk.
    Contact me for photos or more info.
    Location - SW London/Surrey

Mark

8. lauren

lauren Registered Guest

Hi!

I'm Lauren. Got sent here as from a reference from FuzzyLizzie from the Fedora Lounge. I'm so glad to have found this board! I have been studying/collecting for 10+ years and the longer I do it, the more I am convinced I don't know nearly as much as I would like to :) . I'm very happy to be here, and am excited about what I'll learn!

9. Patentleathershoes

Hi Lauren, great to see you here!

And you are absolutely right...the more you know the more you want to know more/realize that there is just so much more out there!

You might want to check out some workshops Lizzie presented in the workshop forum...lots of great info there

Chris

10. Patentleathershoes

Welcome to the forum Mark!

We do have some members from the UK. Just check your U2U messages in case someone pipes up.

have you consdered researching and selling them yourself individually? there are a lot of good resources here as well.

Chris

11. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi Lauren,
    Great having you here!

Lizzie

12. markc53

markc53 Registered Guest

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion but with moving house and lack of storage space I need to sell them in one go.

Mark

13. stutteringveronica

stutteringveronica Registered Guest

Hiya ~~I\'m new to this board~~

Hiya-I'm dealer that just found this site~what a wealth of information and resources. I was particularly excited when I found the section full of photos of manufacturer's labels. I don't consider myself to have a specialty, but lately I've been selling quite a few 70's disco & boho dresses, but I get excited about any era. I spend about 3 hours every day (some days way more)in vintage related activities, be it eBay, showing in my home, other internet activities, and most of all- on the hunt at rummage sales, digging through bins of discarded clothing, thrift shop outlets, flea markets-you name it. The vintage clothing business is my passion, my art, and my inspiration. Yeah.

14. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Welcome, Miss Veronica!

We look forward to having fun with you here while you work towards that magic number!

Thanks for joining!

:bouncy:

Jody

15. Patentleathershoes

Hi Veronica!!

Welcome to you!

:party:

Chris

16. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

:hiya: :hiya:
    to all the new members i missed!

17. Charapa

Charapa Registered Guest

Howdy. :)

I'm the newly minted Production Manager at Upscale Resale, a non-profit thrift store in Rockville, Maryland. Got directed here by a helpful vintage retailer I contacted trying to track down some information on some vintage clothing we just got in.

Anyway, I'm gonna kick back and cruise the board for a while. Looks like a great place!

18. Patentleathershoes

Hi!

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to dive in! There is a lot of questions asked, answers given, and vintage gabbed about here!

Is Charapa your first name or your "handle" :)

Chris

19. Charapa

Charapa Registered Guest

Name's Brian. Charapa's just a handle I use online.

20. Patentleathershoes

Hi Brian,

nice to meet ya

:hiya:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.