1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

2. Retro Ruth

3. AmandaPanda

AmandaPanda Guest

Hi All,
    I've used the label resource and other info on this site for years, and never noticed there was a forum! I'm just a personal hobbyist/collector and I most of my vintage is from the late 40s - early 60s.

I am currently pursuing a Masters of Library and Information Science and am looking for internship opportunities... I was thinking it might be fun to work on something related to vintage textiles / fashion / etc., so if anyone has any ideas or is looking for an intern (virtual or based in Los Angeles, CA) I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,
    Amanda

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  4. Molly' Moo

Molly' Moo Registered Guest

Hi everyone
    My real name is Cherie. I live in Sydney and have always had a love for vintage, op shops shopping and all things beautiful and old.

I have recently embraced the fact that I am stuck in the wrong decade. So have decided to forgo the drab fashion and put my heart into the beautiful and for me hard to find 40's & 50's fashion. As I am no Minnie Mouse, I hope that others can share their experiences and maybe some great places to shop for size 16 ladies

I am considering starting up an online vintage store sometime this year and have been searching the web for wonderful overseas vintage finds. Would love to travel to the USA and bring back some items too. Most of all i wanted to get intouch with my inner 40'a diva first hehe

If my typing is shocking my friends call it Cherie speak (iPhone really) so I apologise

Anyway I am glad I found this forum. Now off to read

Thank you in advance xxx

5. Hi Cherie, and welcome to the forums :hiya:

Always great to see a fellow Aussie here - I'm in Melbourne. I agree about curvy vintage, I'm a 14-16 and favour '40s and '50s styles myself. They're more flattering to our shape than other eras, I find.

6. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Hi Cherie,:hiya:
    So glad you found us, and also that you are Australian- I am in Brisbane and Nicole and I fly the flag for Australia here!
    You are so right about size 14-16 being hard to find, but Nicole's web shop could be your first port of call I would think!. I look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future. I will think on what retail leads I can share for where you could find things too.
    Cheers,
    Gayle

7. Bib-boys

Bib-boys Registered Guest

Hi all im new here :)
    hope to chat to alot of you and get to know you all
    x

8. Taskmaster

Taskmaster Registered Guest

Hello everyone.

My name is John and I live in Chicago. I am new to the vintage scene, although I have been getting vintage clothes for years. I buy thousands of pieces of clothes each year with the vast majority coming from storage lockers and never even thought about separating the vintage from the modern. Then a couple of things happened My last purchase contained a few Blacktie by Oleg Cassini for Neiman Marcus they looked like they were new and was surprised to find out they were from the 80's. I had paid about 10 cents a piece and was showing them to a lady, who told me she had just inherited her uncle's home and the attic was filled with clothes that looked like they were from the 20's, 30's and 40's. She told me she just wanted to clean the house out and I could have them all, so I started looking online and found you guys. I am in the process of setting up a date to go empty out her attic and this site looks like it can help me better identify the many strange pieces I end up with. :)

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Looking forward to seeing those attic items, John! I am sure that many of our members will be able to assist you in identifying the items.

10. Taskmaster

Thanks Mary Jane, just hoping they are not damaged.

11. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

You will soon find out. It's one of our personal nightmares, finding our holy vintage grails, only to see them in a stage of disintegration.

It has happened to all of us at one time or another!

Good luck, hopefully these will be intact.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  12. Taskmaster

Just thought I would throw out an update on my earlier post. Finally got in touch with the lady and the vintage clothes I was going to get from the attic. Seems another of her relatives said they could be valuable and had them put in a pod. The lady said the relative said they were 20's - 50's and is interested in selling them. :) I asked a price and have not heard anything back yet. Gut says scammer, but the lucky little finger say's you never know... So will wait and see how it all plays out.

Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  13. SarahMonique

SarahMonique Registered Guest

Hello everyone! glad to be around here. I am a huge vintage shopper I am sure I will be sharing tons of messages around here... :)

14. Donna McKnatt

Donna McKnatt Registered Guest

I just love vintage clothes and jewelry. Glad to find a spot where I can help identify some of the treasures I've found. My name is Donna and I've sold and shopped on ebay since 1999. I also love junking every weekend.

15. Retro Ruth

16. Hi, I'm (obviously :) ) new here. Have used the label resources in the past and been very appreciative of them. Signed up in order to get info on a specific item, which I will post about in another thread.

17. Leonardo Da Vintage likes this.
  18. Tollgate-debs

Tollgate-debs Registered Guest

Hello All, I'm Debs. Tripped over the site whilst surfing. Always had a keen interest in the history of fashion and have a few things in my collection, but mainly costume jewellery, a few bags and an elderly mink stole! Also have a few vintage dressmaking / craft books / dress making patterns, which are my real pride and joy.

19. glorybox

glorybox Registered Guest

Hello, hi!
    I'm Ashleigh. I have been collecting & selling vintage casually for about 5 years, and in the last year have made a go of it full-time. I feel like the luckiest lady in the world - I love my job!
    I've been using the VFG resources and creeping on the forums for a while now and thought it was time that I introduce myself and start contributing.

See you around the forums!

Link removed by Admin.. Please read the forum rules:
    http://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/pages/Welcome-to-the-VFG-Forums-please-read/
    Thank you.

20. Hi Everyone!

My name is Rita and while I am quite new to VFG forums, I have met several of you on Facebook and Etsy.

My website Living-Fifties-Fashion.com is an examination of all things from the 1950s with a special emphasis on fashions from that era. Although I have nothing to sell at this time, I do plan to expand to sales of vintage items as I further develop the site.

I have found many of you while searching for photographs to use on Living Fifties Fashion when you so generously allowed me to post your images of fifties fashions. It is often difficult to find non-copyrighted pictures to use.

I plan to have a gallery of various fifties era fashion photos up soon. If any would like your items featured, feel free to contact me.

Goodbye for now as I need to get back to learning to navigate around VFG. I'm thinking if I finally got Facebook figured out, I surely can this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.